Clean Baseboards that are Heavily Stained or SoiledIt is important to schedule a good amount of time to clean baseboards at home. What are the things that you would require while cleaning baseboards? Some dishwashing liquid, a bucket, water, yoga mat or towel, microfiber cloths, and cotton swabs are essential things for cleaning baseboards. You may also use a vacuum cleaner for dusting.
- Firstly, you must ensure that you have some ready help available from someone in your family who can help you with furniture shifting
- The second step to clean baseboard is dusting. Use a microfiber cloth or the attachment of the vacuum cleaner to dry dust the baseboards.
- It is important to keep the pressure off your knees while kneeling so use a yoga mat or a towel if you are opting the dusting and clean baseboard using a microfiber cloth.
- Next, take a bucket and mix 2 quarter of warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid.
- Then, dampen a microfiber cloth in the solution. If you don’t want to ruin your floors, make sure you don’t leave the cloth wet with dripping water – wring it completely.
- Now, start wiping the baseboards with the damp cloth. It is important to change the water and dishwashing liquid solution as soon as it gets murky.
- If you cannot clean the edges and corners with the big microfiber cloth, use cotton swabs to clean baseboard edges and corners by dipping it in the same solution.
- Finally, switch the fan on to dry the baseboards before you shift the furniture back to place.
How to Maintain Clean Baseboards Every Day?Once you have thoroughly cleaned the baseboards, it is important to maintain the clean edges and corners. In order to maintain it on a biweekly or weekly schedule, here are 3 ways to clean baseboards:
- Trust your Microfiber Cloth – The microfiber cloth is one of the handiest and trusted tools to clean baseboard. Just make a little space by moving your furniture and use the microfiber cloth to clean the baseboard every 7-10 days. You may check the benefits of microfiber cleaning products in one of the articles on our blog.
- Vacuum Cleaner Attachment – One of the most painless tools for cleaning baseboard is the vacuum cleaner. It is considered one of the best because you don’t have to crawl on your knees for cleaning. The right attachment makes it easier for you.
- Sock and Yardstick – Isn’t it really difficult for you to clean baseboard on your knees and hands? Forget all your worries and pick a yardstick to slip a sock over it for cleaning baseboards effectively. The fine dust particles are often difficult to clean with wool and cotton. Microfiber socks are very effective.
ConclusionIt is really easy to clean baseboard and don’t need much cleaning ingredients. Just take some time out from your schedule to clean the difficult corners with the above easy and simple steps.
Like our blog? Schedule a house or office cleaning with SPIC AND SPAN. pros!
SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning is an online platform offering the impeccable quality of cleaning services in Germany, Poland and France. You can order home cleaning online in just 60 seconds using our interactive online form, by calling at +49 30 588 494 40 or via chat available on our website. Our world-class English, German & French speaking customer support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can choose English, German or French speaking cleaning lady at no additional cost.
Since August 2016 we're available in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, München (Munich) and many other major cities in Europe. With SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning you can choose from 6 different cleaning packages, perfectly crafted for each situation. Our regular customers have access to the lowest possible prices already after the 1st booking.