Latex Mattress Cleaning for Tough StainsIn order to clean the tough stains on the latex mattress, you can bring the bed down and add a dash of baking soda on the mattress. The baking soda has numerous surprising uses in home cleaning. You may check out the 7 creative uses of baking soda on our website. Leave it for 30 minutes and then vacuum all of it. The baking soda helps in removing the odors, moisture, and dirt from deep beneath the latex surface. If you love the fragrance of lemon or lavender, add a few drops of lemon or lavender essential oils to the baking soda before cleaning.
Set in Lighter Urine, Blood, or Dirt Stains from the Latex MattressThere are ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, any eco-friendly multipurpose cleaner or borax that can be used to clean the stains of blood or urine. As a precaution, you must always try the DIY cleaner on natural fabric in a small area prior to cleaning the entire area. You may also make a mixture of 3% hydrogen peroxide in 1-2 parts (in Germany available at any pharmacy – ask for Wasserstoffperoxid), dishwashing liquid in 1 part, and optionally baking soda or table salt in 1 part to clean the area. Once cleaned, let it air dry. Finally, scrape off any remaining residues and blot a clean white rag on the area to dry it completely.
Harder Stains on Latex MattressThe longer the stain is on the mattress, the harder stain it becomes. Whether pet urine or a human body fluid, the enzymatic cleaner works wonders on the hard stains. Let’s check out its uses on:
- Remove the beddings and blot the urine as much possible from the area using a towel
- Sprinkle baking soda and leave it for 10 minutes
- Spray the enzyme cleaner to cover the area with it and let it sit for sometime
- Again blot and add the baking soda
- Keep the windows open and turn on the fan and leave it overnight
- Next morning, vacuum the residues and let it dry completely in the sun
- Use the meat tenderizer or 3% hydrogen peroxide in a very little quantity to form the bubbles when rubbed on the blood stains
- As the bubbles are gone, take a towel to blot the latex mattress affected area
- Now, take the enzymatic cleaner and apply on the area
- Finally, after some time take a cool damp towel to blot the area and then again let a dry towel capture all the moisture
- Firstly, remove the sheet and then wear a pair of hand gloves and clear the solids into the trash bag from the sheet
- Take a dry towel to blot any more fluid left on the mattress
- Apply a dash of baking soda on the area and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Now, use the enzyme cleaner and leave for sometime
- Before sprinkling more baking soda, blot the area once again with a towel
- Leave the baking soda overnight and let the latex mattress air dry
- In the morning, vacuum clean the residual baking soda
ConclusionCleaning the latex mattress seems to be easier, with all the handy ingredients readily available at home. Try the above steps to let your latex mattress breathe and keep it clean always. Acknowledgments: “Featured photo”: by Pixabay for source click here. “Picture no.1”: by Maria Salazar for source click here. “Photo no.2”: by Malidate Van for source click here. “Photo no.3”: by Digital Buggu for source click here.
Like our blog? Schedule a house or office cleaning with SPIC AND SPAN. pros!
SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning is an online platform offering the impeccable quality of cleaning services in Germany, Poland, France and Luxembourg. You can order home cleaning online in just 60 seconds using our interactive online form, by calling at +49 30 588 494 40 or via chat available on our website. Our world-class English, German & French speaking customer support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can choose English, German or French speaking cleaning lady at no additional cost.
Since August 2016 we're available in Berlin, Paris, Luxembourg, Köln (Cologne), Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, München (Munich) and many other major cities in Europe. With SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning you can choose from 6 different cleaning packages, perfectly crafted for each situation. Our regular customers have access to the lowest possible prices already after the 1st booking.