Despite cleaning your living room every day, once in a while, you will come across the disheartening sight of a dust patch or a stain on your couch. You cannot help but keep wondering how you missed it. Living rooms are one of the busiest places in your home and keeping it clean is a daily task. To make sure every corner is sparkling clean, you need to have a living room cleaning checklist of areas to clean and when to clean them.
There are specific areas of your living room that need to be cleaned daily because of how fast they collect dust and dirt. For your daily living room cleaning checklist, you should focus on the following areas:
- The sofa – make sure you fluff the pillows daily. If the cushions are removable, lift them up and check under for crumbs.
- Vacuum – when vacuuming, start by using a hand-held vacuum cleaner and pick up any crumbs you notice on tables, cushions or rugs.
- Spot cleaning – use a microfiber cloth to wipe down any areas where you notice fingerprints and spills.
- Collect all books and magazines and arrange them in their proper places. Also, pick up the remote controls and put them in the right place.
- Pickup up toys, video games and clothing if any and put them back in their respective places.
Every 1-4 weeks
The frequency of a more intense cleaning of your living room depends on how busy it is and how quickly it gets dirty. At least once every month, you should make sure you:
- Dust and wash the mirrors
You should regularly check your windows and other glass fittings for dirt. Dust them off before giving them a good cleaning. Make sure you use the right products when doing this for the best results.
If you have window blinds, use the brush attachment on your vacuum to dust and after which you can use a duster.
- Vacuum upholstery and lamp shades
Once in a while, you will have to take your vacuuming a notch higher and also vacuum the seats and lamp shade. This should take care of any dust that might have collected on the furniture. Remember to spot clean the furniture if you notice any stains and spills.
- Wash throws
Most people do not realize the amount of dirt and dust throw blankets collect. They are always overlooked when putting together a living room cleaning checklist. Depending on the frequency of use, you should make sure that your throws get a good scrub at least once every month.
- Dust and polish furniture
You may need to dust your furniture frequently based on your surrounding but, if you want it to keep that appealing shine, regular polishing also has to be done at least once every month.
Professional Living Room Cleaning Tips
Other than having a comprehensive living room cleaning checklist, you also need to develop a strategy on how to tackle the different areas. Here are some great tips that will help you make the most out of your cleaning time and give you the best results.
- Divide the living room into a grid and remember where everything should be. It makes it easier to cover all the messy areas.
- When clean, always clean from top to bottom.
- Start by dusting so that when shaking, the dust won’t fall on your clean carpet. Vacuuming should be the last thing you do. Always vacuum yourself out of the room so you do not create prints.
- To prevent outside dirt from getting into the house, have shoes that can only be used inside the house.
- You can make the cleaning process easier by doing one thing at a time. If you walk by a magazine on the floor, pick it up, fold the throw blanket lying on the couch and wipe down the coffee table.
Cleaning light fixtures
Once in a while, you will need to adjust your living room cleaning checklist and attend to the lighting fixtures. They collect dust and cobwebs and should be cleaned regularly.
To see the dirt, you should clean with the lights on. The primary tool you will need for this is an extending duster. If you work it carefully through the fixture, it should be able to catch any cobwebs hanging inside. Do not forget to clean the lamp, the mount, and the bulb.
A clean home is the dream of every homeowner but, it does come with its challenges. With this simple living room cleaning checklist, you should be able to get better results and a cleaner home. Get in touch with us today for a top-notch living room cleaning service. Our team is highly trained and we use the most advanced equipment in the market so value for money is guaranteed. We look forward to serving you.Alphan Maina
- Featured Photo. For source click here
- Picture no.1 For source click here
- Picture no. 2. For source click here
- Picture no.3. For source click here
Like our blog? Schedule a house or office cleaning with SPIC AND SPAN. pros!
SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning is an online platform offering the impeccable quality of cleaning services in Germany, Poland and France. You can order home cleaning online in just 60 seconds using our interactive online form, by calling at +49 30 588 494 40 or via chat available on our website. Our world-class English, German & French speaking customer support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can choose English, German or French speaking cleaning lady at no additional cost.
Since August 2016 we're available in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, München (Munich) and many other major cities in Europe. With SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning you can choose from 6 different cleaning packages, perfectly crafted for each situation. Our regular customers have access to the lowest possible prices already after the 1st booking.