5 Spring Cleaning Tips Your Cleaner Will Never Tell YouThere are a few rites of spring more satisfying than the annual clean. However, for many of us the pleasure comes only after the job is done. Your spring cleaning may never become effortless, but you can always make it more manageable and even enjoyable. After the last article, our cleaning pros decided to unveil next 5 cleaning tips that will make your life easier and bring your spring cleaning to the next level. Please, remember to adjust the list to your home after reading through our tips and techniques. Keep also in mind the German proverb “miss die Kräfte an den Absichten” and do not try to make everything in one day. It really takes some time to refurbish your home after a winter sleep. What is interesting, we have found out that tips disclosed by our cleaning professionals overlap with some tricks used by none other than Martha Stewart.
1. Wipe Walls and CeilingsTo get rid of a surface grime, especially that one prevalent in kitchens, use a solvent-free degreaser. Our cleaning professionals always recommend testing any new cleaning agent first in an inconspicuous area to ensure it will not mar the surface. A vacuum is the best tool to remove dust from walls and ceilings.
2. Reseal Grout LinesThe cement-based material between the wall, floor, the and countertop tiles is extremely porous and stains easily. To protect it, apply a penetrating grout sealer. A small foam brush should ensure an effective and sufficient application on the whole surface.
3. Dust Books and ShelvesFirst, take everything off the shelves, use a dust-brush or crevice tool on a vacuum to dust everything thoroughly. Brush shelves with a slightly wet duster cloth. Finally, wipe the spines of leather-bound books with a clean, soft cloth and put books back to their place.
4. Polish Metal Door and Window HardwareTest the condition of metal surfaces first. If tarnish seems like it does not come off easily, you can always try a stronger product (pastes and creams), but try with liquid polishes and polish-impregnated cloths at the beginning. They work well for tarnished surfaces.
5. Wax Wooden FurnitureWipe surfaces gently with a soft cloth dampened with water and mild dishwashing liquid. You may also add, like our cleaning professionals, some orange or lemon juice for a fresh fragrance. Then apply paste wax with a cotton rag folded into a square pad. Let wax dry. Finally, buff and polish the waxed surface with a clean cloth.
The above, five tips from SPIC AND SPAN. cleaning professionals will surely help you in bringing freshness and spring ambiance to your home. For more tips please check our blog regularly. If you are too busy this year to do the cleaning on your own, our cleaning experts are at your service 7 days a week. You can easily book your cleaning appointment here or by calling directly at +49 174 130 45 02 (available 24/7). Karl Müller
Like our blog? Schedule a house or office cleaning with SPIC AND SPAN. pros!
SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning is an online platform offering the impeccable quality of cleaning services in Germany, Poland and France. You can order home cleaning online in just 60 seconds using our interactive online form, by calling at +49 30 588 494 40 or via chat available on our website. Our world-class English, German & French speaking customer support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can choose English, German or French speaking cleaning lady at no additional cost.
Since August 2016 we're available in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, München (Munich) and many other major cities in Europe. With SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning you can choose from 6 different cleaning packages, perfectly crafted for each situation. Our regular customers have access to the lowest possible prices already after the 1st booking.