Must-know SPRING CLEANING HACKS. Bring spring to your home in no time with these easy to follow cleaning tips from SPIC AND SPAN. PROFESSIONALSAt last, spring has come to Germany… This is a busy season at SPIC AND SPAN. As the first rays of sun reveal hidden, winter dirt and dust in every nook and cranny, our clients go crazy about deep cleaning. We wanted to share 7 tips from our cleaning professionals so if you have some spare time you can use them during your own Spring Cleaning.
1. Starting with a to-do list will make things much easierYou may not be a type of a person, who loves to-do list. We get it. But please take our word for it – when it comes to cleaning, and particularly deep spring cleaning, a proper to-do list is essential. It will help you estimate the workload and get organized. We recommend going for our tips and techniques and prepare a list of to-dos. Adjust it to your home and, if you have one, yard. Remember to be realistic about the schedule. You should keep in mind that sometimes even a whole single weekend will not be enough to clean and refresh your flat or house after three months of winter.
2. Focus on one task at a timeOur cleaning professionals always recommend focusing on one task at a time. If the volume of work overwhelms you, you can always involve some family members. If you have kids, enlisting them to help you can turn into a great bonding experience!
3. Let your carpet breatheSynthetic carpets and rugs with waterproof backings can always be deep-cleaned. Our professionals use special shampoos but if you don’t have one, just mix some soap, lemon juice, and hot water. Unfortunately, rugs without backings, including Orientals, require professional cleaning. Yet, for most of the rugs, dusting in your garden or at the balcony will be more than enough.
4. Dust your home thoroughlyAnd we do not mean only floor and all horizontal surfaces. Spring cleaning should include hard-to-reach places, such as tops of ceiling fans, wardrobe tops, window casings, etc. Always remember to clean from the top of a room down. By the way, this is one of the SPIC AND SPAN. GOLDEN RULES. At the end, just vacuum the dust that settled on the floor.
5. Clean upholstery furnishingsTake cushions outside and gently beat them by hand to remove dust. If there are stains, check the pieces for care labels. Use a vacuum for upholstery and crevice tools to clean under seat cushions. If this is possible put some parts alfresco (garden or balcony) so they can “absorb” fresh, spring air.
6. Clean window decorMany draperies and curtains can be easily washed in washing machines. Please, always check labels beforehand. We suggest dry-cleaning for fabric shades. Wipe wooden blinds with a damp cloth soaked in a lemon or orange fragrance. And the best solution for metal and vinyl blinds – just mix warm water with a bit of dishwashing liquid. Take curtains outside and dust gently.
7. Wax non-wooden floorsOur cleaning professionals suggest treating most stone and tile floors with either a paste or a liquid wax designed for the material. Vinyl and linoleum floors should be waxed with a polish designed for these surfaces to restore their shine.
Want more tips like that?The above, seven tips from SPIC AND SPAN. CLEANING PROFESSIONALS will surely help you in bringing freshness and spring ambience to your home. For more tips, please check our blog regularly. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, where we post even more tips to help you keep your house in order.
Cleaning makes you smarter?And just a marginal note. Spring cleaning can even make you smarter! The recent research conducted by students from Princeton University showed that clutter restricts your ability to focus and limits your brain’s ability to process information. So, to keep not only our apartment but also brain in a mint condition, take the broom, vacuum, and mop, and start cleaning.
No time for cleaning?You can book a professional cleaning appointment with SPIC AND SPAN. by filling out a simple form right here or calling us directly at +49 174 130 45 02. Our customer service is there for you 24/7. Karl Müller
Like our blog? Schedule a house or office cleaning with SPIC AND SPAN. pros!
SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning is an online platform offering the impeccable quality of cleaning services in Germany, Poland and France. You can order home cleaning online in just 60 seconds using our interactive online form, by calling at +49 30 588 494 40 or via chat available on our website. Our world-class English, German & French speaking customer support is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can choose English, German or French speaking cleaning lady at no additional cost.
Since August 2016 we're available in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, München (Munich) and many other major cities in Europe. With SPIC AND SPAN. Home & Office Cleaning you can choose from 6 different cleaning packages, perfectly crafted for each situation. Our regular customers have access to the lowest possible prices already after the 1st booking.